VERSATILE SPRAY PAINTING LTD. PRIVACY STATEMENT
We value the privacy of our user’s (“you” or “your”) information and are always striving to make your experience better. This Privacy Statement describes our information practices and, in particular, how we collect, use and share the Personal Information, as defined herein, that we gather through our Services, as defined below.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us through the options provided in the Contact Us section below.
By using the Services, you are consenting to the terms of this Privacy Statement.
Definition of Personal Information
We define the term “Personal Information” to mean any information that we directly associate with a specific person, or that reasonably can be used to identify a specific person. For example, this includes your name, home address, phone number, email address and any other information that we tie to these elements.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
There are three categories of information that we collect through the Services.
1.Information You Provide
On some of our web pages you may be able to ask questions and register to receive information. On these pages, we will ask you for the Personal Information necessary for us to respond to you. If you opt not to provide us with Personal Information, you can still access our websites; however, you may be unable to participate in certain promotions or receive product information offered through the Services. Examples of Personal Information you may choose to provide include:
- Contact information, such as your name, address, e-mail address, and phone number, which we use to communicate with you and fulfill your requests;
- Shipping address and related transaction information, which we use to complete a transaction you have requested, fulfill your order, and deliver the products;
- Inquiries you make, including the content of your voice and email messages, which we use to respond to your inquiries
- Demographic information, including, but not limited to, information about your age, gender, zip/postal code, general preferences and interests, product preferences and transaction details, which we use to better understand and analyze our customer population, support our operations, including inventory and product management, to deliver relevant offers and ads, and to improve our products and services, including the Services; and
- Communication preferences, including marketing preferences, which we use to manage how we engage with you.
2.Information Collected Automatically
We use various technologies to collect other types of data that do not directly reveal your identity (“Other Information”). If we associate Other Information with Personal Information, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information in accordance with this Privacy Statement.
Logging Functionality: As is true of most websites, we may collect certain information automatically, both directly and indirectly, and store it in log files. This information may include web log information (such as your web browser, operating system, pages visited, etc.), the date and time you visited our site, the pages you visited, the referrer (the website you came from), the type of browser you are using (e.g., Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer), the type of operating system you are using (e.g., Windows XP or Mac OS), and the domain name and address of your Internet Service Provider (e.g., AOL). We generally only use this data for purposes such as security, fraud detection and protecting our rights.
Cookies and Web Beacons: When you use the Services, we may collect Other Information about you through the use of “cookie” technology or with “web beacons” (also called “single-pixel gif” or “web pings”) or other similar technologies. We use this information to manage our websites and email messages and to collect and track information about you and your activities over time.
Cookies. When you use the Services, we may store some information on your computer in the form of a small text file, also called a “cookie.” Cookies help us in many ways to make your visit to our website more enjoyable and meaningful to you. For example, cookies avoid you having to log in every time you come back to one of our websites and they can store items in your shopping cart for later purchase. They also allow us to tailor a website or advertisement to better match your interests and preferences. Most browsers can be configured not to accept cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. Our cookies cannot read data off of your hard drive, cannot read cookie files created by other websites and cannot track any Personal Information about you.
Most internet browsers allow you to remove or manage cookie functions and adjust your privacy and security preferences. For information on how to do this, access the “help” menu on your internet browser, or visit http://www.aboutcookies.org/how-to-control-cookies/. Please note, however, that disabling our cookies may result in a less enjoyable experience with the Services.
Analytics: We use analytics providers, such as Google Analytics, to help us evaluate and measure the use and performance of the Services. To opt out of the aggregation and analysis of data collected about you on the Services by Google Analytics, visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout and download and install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
3.Information We Obtain from Third Party Sources
We may receive additional Personal Information from third party sources that we may append to existing user information, such as email and address verification. We use this supplemental information to better understand our consumers, deliver relevant offers and advertising and improve our operations, the Services and our advertising and marketing campaigns.
Additional Uses of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- Operating our business, delivering our products and services, managing your account, and for any other lawful, legitimate business purposes;
- Contacting you to respond to your requests or inquiries;
- Processing and completing your transactions, including, as applicable, order confirmation and delivering products or services;
- Providing you product or service alerts, new product or service announcements, savings awards and other information;
- Contacting you about programs, products or services that we believe may be of interest to you, or sharing with you special offers from other companies;
- Providing you with personally tailored promotional information, offers and other information;
- Conducting market research, surveys, and similar inquiries to help us understand trends and customer needs across product categories or customer groups;
- Preventing, investigating or providing notice of fraud, unlawful or criminal activity or unauthorized access to or use of Personal Information, our website or data systems; or to meet legal obligations; and
How We Share and Disclose Personal Information
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties, only in the ways described in this Privacy Statement.
Service Providers: We may share your Personal Information with our vendors, contractors or partners (collectively, “Service Providers”) in connection with services that these Service Providers perform on our behalf or for your benefit. The services they provide for us include mailing product samples, contacting the winners of our contests, marketing, analytics, fulfilling orders, processing payment, verifying user data such as mailing addresses or preventing fraud.
Accessing and Updating Your Information
You may review or update your Personal Information by contacting us through the options provided in the Contact Us section below. We will retain your Personal Information for as long as your account is active or as reasonably useful for commercial purposes. We will retain and use your Personal Information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations or data retention policies, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
Links to Other Sites
The Services may contain links to websites operated by third parties. Please be aware that this Privacy Statement does not apply to, and we are not responsible for, the practices of third parties that collect your Personal Information. We encourage you to read the privacy statements for those linked websites to learn about their information practices.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
Managing Your Communication Preferences
If you have provided use with your contact information, we may send you email messages, direct mail offers or other communications regarding products or services, depending on the method of communication selected. You may ask us not to do so when you access the Services or change your preferences by updating any accounts you have with us. At any time, you may elect to discontinue receiving commercial messages from us by submitting an opt-out request to the contact information below or by following the instructions in the form of the communication you received, as described below.
Printed Materials: To opt out of receiving printed marketing materials at your postal address, such as advertisements or flyers, please write to us at the address in the “Contact Us” section below. Please be sure to include your name and mailing address exactly as they appear on the printed materials you received.
Emails: To opt out of receiving marketing materials via email, please send an unsubscribe request to the email address below or click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email that was sent to you and follow the directions on the resulting web page.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement or other privacy-related matters, you may contact us in the following ways:
Versatile Spray Painting Ltd.
102 Healey Rd.